Aloo methi curry or Fenugreek microgreens and potato curry is a simple Indian curry with potatoes and fresh fenugreek microgreens. This is a super easy and super simple curry that can be made in under 20 minutes.
This curry is a quick flavorful dish and is an easy side for rotis, chapathis, phulkas.
I don’t see fresh methi leaves (fenugreek) very often here in the market in Canada. So I grow them in my balcony in a small pot/container. Growing methi is super easy. Check how to grow fenugreek in containers at home here.
How to grow Fenugreek
Above is my pot of fresh fenugreek microgreens.
Now getting back to the curry,
Potatoes go well with everything when it comes to Indian recipes and methi is no exception. It’s such a simple curry where most of the flavor is from the fresh fenugreek leaves.
I have hardly added any spices to this curry.
This Aloo Methi ( Potato Fenugreek microgreens)
- is vegan and gluten-free
- great use of fresh fenugreek leaves or fenugreek microgreens
- quick and easy to make side dish
- tastes great with simple Indian flatbreads like rotis, chapatis, phulkas
The best part about this aloo methi curry recipe is that it’s so basic. And this is exactly how it was made in my home. Methi is slightly bitter in taste so I don’t use a lot of it in this recipe. However, if you prefer more of the methi flavor in your aloo methi, feel free to add more of methi leaves.
I’ll wind up this post with aloo methi curry recipe below. Do give this super simple, easy, and quick dish a try. Once you try this and like it, I am sure this will be your go-to curry in times of hurry.
Aloo Methi Curry | Fenugreek microgreens and potato curryCourse: Side dishCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Simple Indian curry with potatoes and fresh fenugreek microgreens. This is a super easy and super simple curry that can be made in under 20 minutes.
Oil – 2 tbsp
Onion – 1 medium diced
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Potato – 1 big, cut into small pieces
Fenugreek microgreens – 1 cup (packed), Add this according to your preference. No need to chop as they are microgreens.
water – 1 cup
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add 1 small – medium sized diced onion. Saute until it turns translucent(you dont have to brown them, softening them is enough).
- Add 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw smell of it goes away.
- Then, add 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1/2 tsp chilli powder. Saute until everything is mixed well and the spices are cooked.
- Now, add 1 diced potato. Saute for a minute.
- Add Fresh fenugreek microgreens. Mix everything well and cook for a minute before adding water.
- Add 1 cup of water, Salt to taste and mix everything well.
- Cook until the potatoes are cooked.
- And the fenugreek microgreens and potato(Aloo methi) curry is ready to be served with a flatbread of your choice.
- Do not overcook the potatoes.
Before you go…
Also, you can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Finally, I’d love to know your thoughts about this dish!! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #thecraftsandkitchen or #craftsandkitchen or #craftsnkitchen or tag me @thecraftsandkitchen.
You may also like,