These tot-sized broccoli sesame nuggets are packed with nutrients and the perfect size for little hands.
They are great for baby led weaning or toddlers that like to dip. Simply pair these with fruit to make a complete, well-balanced meal!
You can freeze these nuggets and take them out just when you need to make a super delicious quick snack or these can be served as a great addition to any meal which needs a little variety.
When kids are young — under 3 years old — I find it’s best to keep meals fairly simple yet flavorful!. I like to include a protein source(sesame in this case), a carb and some healthy fat in each meal as often as possible.
And when I can combine all those macronutrients into one toddler hand-sized meal? Well, I get pretty excited. Pair these with a fruit to make a complete, well balanced meal.
Broccoli Sesame Nuggets
Broccoli Sesame Nuggets | BLW RecipeDifficulty: Easy
These tot-sized broccoli sesame nuggets are packed with nutrients and the perfect size for little hands. They are great for baby led weaning or toddlers that like to dip. Simply pair these with fruit to make a complete, well-balanced meal!
Broccoli – 2 cups (Blanched)
Potato – 1 cup (Boiled)
Plain white rice – 1 cup (Cooked)
Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp (Toasted)
Cheese – 1/4 cup (Shredded)
Chili Powder – to taste
Cumin powder – to taste
Coriander powder – to taste
Black Pepper Powder – to taste
Salt – to taste
Turmeric – Pinch
Olive oil to pan fry
- Blanch the broccoli florets in water till they are tender but firm(around 5-7 minutes). Drain the water well and chop them into smaller coarse pieces.
- Transfer to a muslin cloth and squeeze well to remove all the excess liquid.
- Boil the potatoes till they are cooked. Do not overcook the potatoes.
- Cook plain white rice as you normally do.
- Toast the sesame seeds till they are nice and golden.
- Shred the cheese of choice.
- Mix all the above ingredients along with the spices in a bowl and shape into nuggets.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the nuggets on it. Freeze for a couple of hours. Transfer these to a ziplock bag or a box and store in freezer.
- You can pan fry these nuggets with a tablespoon of olive oil or bake these at 180C for 20-25 minutes, flipping them midway
Before you go…
You can subscribe to our mailing list or follow on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious recipes and interesting crafts.
Also, you can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Finally, I’d love to know your thoughts about this dish!! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #thecraftsandkitchen or #craftsandkitchen or #craftsnkitchen or tag me @thecraftsandkitchen.
You may also like,