In 25 Minutes you will have 2 chocolate cupcakes with frosting all ready to eat and what other reason do you need to make these?
Well here are a few other reasons just to get you to make something this awesome. When a chocolate craving hits, or you just want a cupcake to eat and not store a ton in your refrigerator or you want to make something special for a date, these double chocolate cupcakes for 2 are just perfection.
Even if you have zero baking skills or the usual baker’s implements, this cupcake is in your reach. A small bowl, a tiny spatula and a set of measuring spoons are all you need. And the ingredients, of course.
Let’s get started
Here is a video recipe
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda (soda, not baking powder)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter softened
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp. icing sugar/confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt) in a bowl. To it, add the wet ingredients (water, oil, vanilla). Mix till you get a smooth batter. Do not over-mix.
- Insert two cupcake liners to a muffin tin.
- Divide batter between the two cupcake liners.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350°F/180°C for 18 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Frosting the cupcakes
- While the cupcakes are in the oven, make the frosting.
- Cream the softened butter using a small whisk or a small rubber spatula until smooth. Stir in the cocoa powder and mix until creamy.
- Adding the confectioner’s sugar one tablespoon at a time, keep mixing till you get a soft, fluffy frosting.
- Use your favorite icing tip to pipe the frosting on the cooled cupcakes. Best eaten on the day they were made, although, you can refrigerate them in an air-tight container for 3 days.
Before you go…
You can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Finally, I’d love to know your thoughts about this dish!! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #thecraftsandkitchen or #craftsandkitchen or #craftsnkitchen or tag me @thecraftsandkitchen.
You may also like,