Easy cheesy sandwich is so good and so easy to make that you can literally make it in 10 minutes. This super quick sandwich recipe needs a very few ingredients that are always available in any Indian kitchen.Jump to Recipe
Have you ever been craving for a good snack, but stop short because you don’t have most of the ingredients to brew it up. I have been in such a situation a lot of times and that is why I recreated this recipe based on something similar that I used to relish frequently during my days in Bangalore.
Below is the video recipe. You can continue reading for written recipe.
Today I would like to share recipe of the sandwich that tops my list of favourites. I have given it a name as “EASY CHEESY 10 MINUTE SANDWICH” because it literally takes almost only 10 minutes to make it and doesn’t require any extravagant ingredients.
The wonders only a few basic ingredients can do is amazing, this sandwich is the perfect example to it. I am surprised by how awesome it tastes every time I make it. There is a burst of flavors in the mouth.
Ingredients needed for the filling
As you can see below, these are the only ingredients you will need in addition to bread, cheese and butter.
The tomatoes give it the juiciness, bell pepper and onion give it crunch making it the perfect sandwich. This Indian vegetarian sandwich is a hassle free, all season snack loaded with the goodness of fresh veggies, making for an immensely gratifying bite.
In the 1 1/2 ( or one and half) years in Bangalore as a working woman, I have tried and thoroughly enjoyed all kinds of street foods.
Be it the dahi puri, pani puri, masala puri at a chat bhandaar or the bread pakoda, bajji, 99 variety doses at a busy tiffin center..nothing was less than a tasty treat to the tired out soul. Even the kathie rolls, avocado milkshake at the juice center in my street never failed to satisfy the buyers.
Let’s take a look at the super easy sandwich recipe now
Easy Cheesy Sandwich | Quick sandwich recipeCourse: Breakfast, Brunch, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Easy cheesy sandwich is so good and so easy to make that you can literally make it in 10 minutes. This super quick sandwich recipe needs a very few ingredients that are always available in any Indian kitchen.
Tomato – 2 small (finely chopped)
Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
Bell pepper – half (finely chopped)
Green chili – 1
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Bread – 4 Slices
Cheese – 2 Slices
Butter to toast
- Step 1: Prep all the ingredients
- Chop onion, tomato, bell pepper, green chili and cilantro.
- Step 2: Prepare the Mixture
- In a bowl add chopped tomato, onion, bell pepper, green chili and coriander leaves.
- To that add salt, black pepper powder and chili powder.
- Now mix everything well. Mixture is ready.
- Step 3: Assemble the sandwich
- Take a slice of bread and put the mixture on the bread.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of it.
- Now place another slice of bread on top of it.
- Step 4: Grill the sandwich or toast on pan
- Heat a pan on medium high heat and once the pan is hot rub a small cube of butter.
- Place the sandwich and toast on for about a minute.
- Now turn the sandwich to toast on the other side and before placing the flipped sandwich apply a little butter to the pan and then roast for about a minute.
- Take it out of the pan and cut into desired shape.
- Sandwich is ready to eat.
- Serving suggestion – serve with ketchup, chips and juice.
- White bread works best for this sandwich, but you can use other breads of your choice.
- Skip the green chilies if you do not want your sandwich to be too spicy.
- You can add other veggies of your choice like cooked corn kernels in addition to the vegetables of this sandwich.
So go ahead, and try this easy yet amazing recipe today.
Before you go…
Also, you can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Finally, I’d love to know your thoughts about this dish!! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #thecraftsandkitchen or #craftsandkitchen or #craftsnkitchen or tag me @thecraftsandkitchen.
You may also like,