Egg Biryani is fragrant basmati rice cooked in aromatic spices with hard-boiled eggs resulting in a delicious one-pot meal. Make Egg Biryani when your heart desires for a special meal
Capsicum/Bell peppers are my favorite and they add a special flavor to this recipe.
To make the best egg biryani use fresh, quality spices and masalas.
Total time: 40 mins | Serves: 4 | Cuisine: Indian
Now let’s take a look at the recipe
- 4 Eggs ( Hardboiled, Shelled and washed )
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Basmati Rice (rinsed and soaked)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup bell pepper ( cubed )
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion ( sliced )
- 3 green chilies ( slit )
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 medium tomato ( chopped )
- 1 tsp biryani masala powder
- 1/2 cup coriander and mint
- 3 tbsp yogurt/curd
- 2 cups of water
Preparation for the egg biryani
- Boil eggs, shell them and wash. Make a few slits using a knife and keep aside.
- chop the onion, tomato, coriander, mint, capsicum and keep aside.
- Rinse and soak the B
asmatirice for 10-15 minutes. Don’t soak for more than 15 minutes.
Now let’s get started with biryani
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil and saute cubed bell pepper for 2 mins and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, and bay leaf.
- Then add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add 1 large onion sliced.
- Add 3 green chilies slit.
- once the onion turns translucent add ginger garlic paste. Fry the ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes off.
- Then add a pinch of turmeric, 1/2 tsp chili powder, salt to taste.
- Add 1 medium tomato chopped.
- Add 1 tsp biryani masala powder.
- And then add 1/2 cup of coriander and mint chopped.
- Then add 3 tbsp of curd/yogurt. cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the boiled eggs and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups of basmati rice and sauteed bell pepper that we kept aside.
Pressure cooking instructions
- Cook on high for 1 minute.
- medium for 2-3 minutes.
- lowest for 7-8 minutes.
- Then let the pressure cool off by itself for about 10-12 mins. Then open the lid to a perfectly cooked biryani.
- Fluff up the rice and serve hot with any raita.
Before you go…
I’d love to know your thoughts about this dish!! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #thecraftsandkitchen or #craftsandkitchen or #craftsnkitchen.
you may also like,