Honey cake is a well-known dessert in the southern part of India. And in this fast-paced world, everybody likes things instant. That is why I created an instant version of this delicious honey cake.
What better ingredient to use to make things instant than bread?
In this instant version, the honey cake comes together in 15 mins.
Heating up raw honey will change the makeup of the honey, and potentially weaken or destroy enzymes, vitamins, minerals, etc that is why I have cooled the sugar syrup to lukewarm and then mixed honey.
Lukewarm is neither hot nor cold.
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Orange Food Color – 1/8 tsp or a pinch
- Honey – 3 tbsp
- Jam – 2 tbsp
- Bread – 6 slices
- Desiccated coconut – 3 tbsp
The above ingredients make 4 pieces of instant honey cake.
Instructions to make instant honey cake
Step 1: Honey Sugar Syrup
- In a pan add 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of sugar. Stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Now, add a pinch of orange food color. Stir well.
- As the syrup starts to boil, switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Cool the syrup until it’s lukewarm.
- Once the syrup is lukewarm, add 3 tbsp of honey.
- Stir well until the honey is mixed. keep this aside.
Step 2: Melt Jam
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp of mixed fruit jam.
- Mix it well and melt it on low to medium flame.
- Once the jam melts switch off the flame and keep this aside.
Note 1: Do not use salty bread.
Step 3: Cut the crusts off of 3 bread slices
- Using a serrated bread knife, cut off the brown edges of 3 bread slices.
Note 2: Use the cut off crusts to make bread crumbs instead of throwing away.
Note 3: Add honey only to lukewarm syrup.
Step 4: Assembly
- Now put a parchment paper on the surface on which you are making this instant honey cake.
- Pour the sugar syrup on the bread slices, put syrup on all sides of the bread.
- Spread the melted jam on the topmost layer of the bread.
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut or you can also use ground fresh or dry coconut.
- Cut it into 2 pieces or as desired.
- Instant honey cake is ready. Enjoy!
Note 4: Since this cake is super moist because of syrup and jam, this has to be consumed within 2 – 3 days ( kept inside the fridge).
Note 5: After Slicing the cake, you can also pour the syrup so that the sides of the instant honey cake also get generous syrup.
The instant honey cake can be served as an evening dessert or as a dessert after meals. This can also be served as a snack for kids.
Before you go…
You can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Finally, I’d love to know your thoughts about this dish!! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #thecraftsandkitchen or #craftsandkitchen or #craftsnkitchen or tag me @thecraftsandkitchen.
You may also like,