Masala Bread Toast is an open sandwich which is prepared using vegetables and spices. This is very tasty and kid-friendly. You can either eat this for breakfast or make it as an after-school snack. You can even pack it for kids snack box.
This masala toast is prepared using very common vegetables that are always present in your kitchen. Like –
- Carrot – Carrots contain vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
- Bell pepper – Bell peppers are low in calories and are loaded with good nutrition. All varieties of capsicum are excellent sources of vitamins A and C, potassium, folic acid, and fiber.
- Onion – onions are nutrient dense and they are low in calories. onions contain vitamin C, a nutrient involved in regulating immune health, collagen production, tissue repair, iron absorption and may help support strong bones.
- Tomato – Tomatoes are a good source of fiber. The water content in tomatoes is around 95% and it contains vitamin K.
You can also add other vegetables of your choice such as shredded cabbage, beans, corn or green peas.
I made a quick video on this recipe, please check it out.
The recipe for masala bread toast is extremely simple and can be made in minutes. You can use the same stuffing in between 2 bread slices and make it a closed sandwich.
Make the stuffing(masala) well ahead in advance and use it whenever required, not that you need to because this can be made super quickly. You can also make it and store it overnight in the refrigerator to use it the next morning.
- 6 Bread slices
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp or a big pinch of turmeric
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp chat masala
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
Steps to make the masala for bread toast
- First chop all the veggies i.e onion, bell pepper, tomato, coriander leaves and grate the carrot and keep them all aside. Keep all other ingredients handy.
- Now in a Pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and once its hot add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add in finely chopped green chili and onion. Cook until the onion turns translucent.
- Followed by add in the grated carrot and finely chopped bell pepper. Saute until the carrot and bell pepper are half done.
- Once they are half done add in diced tomato and give a quick stir.
- Then add in turmeric powder and salt to taste. Cook until tomato turns soft.
- Next, add in all spice powders i.e red chili powder, garam masala and chat masala. Give a quick mix and add the spice level to your taste and check the salt.
- Finally, add in finely chopped coriander leaves and give a quick stir and switch off the stove. Masala for Bread Toast is ready.
Steps to toast the bread
- Heat a pan.
- Apply butter on both sides of the bread and place it in the pan.
- Keep flipping and toast the bread until it is light brown in color on low-medium flame.
- Once it is toasted take the bread into a plate.
- After preparing the masala and toasting the bread it is time to assemble the masala bread toast.
- Scoop the masala in a spoon and spread it over the toasted bread slices. Serve immediately.