This Easy Pasta Beans Soup is an easy vegan homemade soup recipe made with healthy fresh vegetables and hearty beans. It’s a quick and simple one pot recipe to make and perfect as a comforting meal for busy weeknights. Can be made in Cooker, Slow cooker or instant pot.
EASY PASTA BEANS SOUP RECIPE!!
It’s soup season and this Easy Pasta Beans Soup is hearty, delicious and perfect for fall and winter.
It’s super comforting and full of healthy vegetables and packed with protein.
WHAT IS PASTA BEANS SOUP??
Well, there is no set traditional soup recipe and each household adds in whatever ingredients they have on hand.
The soup is typically thick, hearty and includes a variety of chopped veggies. Some common ingredients include pasta, rice, beans and tomatoes.
WHAT IS PASTA BEANS SOUP MADE OF?
The great thing about any soup recipe is how easy it is to customize. This easy pasta beans soup recipe is loaded with tons of healthy vegetables like:
dried herbs: basil, parsley, oregano
And, it’s loaded with plant-based protein like:
red kidney beans
Bread toasted with butter
This is an Indianized version of the famous Italian minestrone soup.
Let’s take a look at the recipe now
Pasta Beans Soup | Indo-Italian Pasta SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: Indo ItalianDifficulty: Medium
This Easy Pasta Beans Soup is an easy vegan homemade soup recipe made with healthy fresh vegetables and hearty beans. It’s a quick and simple one pot recipe to make and perfect as a comforting meal for busy weeknights. Can be made Cooker, Slow cooker or instant pot.
1 small onion , about 1/3 cup, diced
2 cloves garlic , minced
1 medium carrot (about 1 cup) , chopped
1 large celery stalk (about 1 cup) , chopped
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons red chili powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
Salt to taste
4-5 tomatoes medium sized, diced
3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 medium zucchini (around 2/3 cups) , sliced into halves or quarters
1.5 cup cooked red kidney beans
1 cup fresh baby spinach chopped
Water 4 cups
1/4 cup dried small shell pasta
- In a large heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, saute until slightly softened.
- Then add carrots and celery and saute for about 4 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add basil, oregano, thyme, red chili powder, curry powder, cumin powder and black pepper powder and cook for an additional 1 minute. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato ketchup saute for 2 minutes.
- Now, add zucchini, cooked red kidney beans, chopped spinach and mix everything well.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the dried pasta shells and cook for another 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Add more water as needed if you like a thinner soup.
- Season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm with toasted bread and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Toast the bread until golden brown on both sides with butter or olive oil or ghee on a pan or in oven.
- Cheese is totally optional. Leave the cheese for a vegan soup.
- Pressure cook overnight soaked red kidney beans for 2 whistles.
Before you go…
Also, you can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Finally, I’d love to know your thoughts about this dish!! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #thecraftsandkitchen or #craftsandkitchen or #craftsnkitchen or tag me @thecraftsandkitchen.
You may also like,