Hello All, shaker cards are all the rage right now in the world of card making.
Here is a video demonstrating how to make it from scratch.
It was so much fun to make this whimsical card.
I loved playing with sequins and glitters while making this card. So grab your sequins and glitter and let’s get shakin’!
For some people, it’s easier to watch the video than following step by step instructions. So if you are one of them I hope that this video will help you.
Things you will need :
- Card stock paper – 2 (18cm*14cm)
- Acetate sheet
- Double-sided tape
- Sequins And Glitter
- Distress ink
- Clear stamps
- Stamp block
- Black ink
I haven’t used any of the fancy equipment here, so anybody can make this card. You can use regular watercolors/paints instead of distress ink.
I m going to list some general steps to show the making of the shaker card, using which you can make a shaker card of your choice implementing your own ideas.
There are 3 mains parts to a shaker card:
- card backing – the main theme of the card is here.
- frame/window – use acetate sheet/ transparent sheet to make a frame.
- filling – fillers could be anything from glitter, sequins, confetti or sand if your theme is a beach.
Steps to make a Shaker card
- Choose your theme.
- Make the backing of the card – decide the card size and you can make the back of the card according to the theme you chose.
- Create a frame for the card.
- Attach the frame to the card backing using double-sided tape and leave a gap to fill the card.
- Insert the filler and close the gap.
Before you go…
I’d love to know your thoughts about this Card!! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #thecraftsandkitchen or #craftsandkitchen or #craftsnkitchen.
You may also like,