Vanilla Sponge Cake is a very light and delicate cake which is so versatile and every baker needs to have a failproof recipe of sponge cake.
This is a classic, simple vanilla sponge cake which is made with basic pantry staple ingredients like eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla, oil, baking powder, and baking soda.
This sponge cake can be used as a base to make pastries, can be eaten with tea or just like that!
|Prep Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Mins||40 Mins||60 Mins|
- 1 Cup plain flour/maida
- 5 Eggs at room temperature
- 1¼ Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Separate the yolks from all five eggs, the eggs should be at room temperature.
- Whip the egg whites till they form some bubbles and then start adding little sugar at a time. Continue whipping the eggs until the egg whites become very light and form stiff peaks.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and whip them. Add the yolks after adding all the sugar.
- After mixing all the yolks, add 1 tbsp vanilla essence, 1 tbsp vegetable oil and whip the batter till oil and essence are well combined with the batter.
- In another bowl, take 1 cup plain flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp baking soda and give it a mix.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients with the batter little at a time making sure you do not deflate it.
- Take a cake mold lined with butter paper and dusted with some plain flour.
- Pour the batter in the mold and place it in the oven (preheated at 180 degree Celsius or 355 Fahrenheit).
- Bake this cake at 180 degree Celsius till a skewer or a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. It normally takes around 25-30 min.
- Once done, let it cool and take out of the mold.
- Frost this with your choice of cream or dust it with some powdered sugar or have it just like that with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!
You may also like,