Tomato soup with cornflakes is an interesting twist to regular tomato soup. I am using deep fried cornflakes instead of croutons. I loved it and hope you try it and love it and let me know.
Here is the video for the recipe of Tomato Soup with Cornflakes
- 1 tbsp Oil or Butter.
- 1 Bay leaf.
- 2 dried Kashmiri red chilies.
- ½ tsp Black peppercorns.
- ½ inch chopped the ginger.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 250 gms or 2 Big Tomatoes.
- 2 medium-sized roughly chopped Onions.
- some freshly chopped Coriander.
- 3 cups water.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp fresh cream. (optional)
- 1 tsp Sugar.
- diced onion and chopped coriander for garnishing.
Deep fry the Corn flakes:
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan.
- once the oil is very hot drop the cornflakes.
- and take them out as soon as they puff up into a plate lined with a paper towel.
To make the soup:
- In a pressure cooker add 1 tbsp oil.
- Once the oil is hot add 1 bay leaf and 2 dried Kashmiri red chilies.
- Saute them for a few seconds and then add ½ tsp black peppercorns.
- Then add ½ inch chopped ginger and 2 cloves of garlic if they are big ( 4 if small ).
- Saute them and add 2 medium-sized onions roughly chopped and saute until the onions turn translucent.
- Now add 2 big tomatoes or 250 gms tomatoes and some freshly chopped coriander and mix them well.
- Add ½ cup of water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Let it cool after pressure cooking.
- Once it cools off, remove bay leaf and grind it into a smooth puree.
- Now over a saucepan place a strainer and put the puree into the strainer.
- Add some water into the jar and put that into the strainer and using a spoon strain the puree.
- After straining, put the saucepan over high heat on a stove, add 2.5 cups of water, 1 tsp sugar and add salt to taste.
- I am adding 1 tbsp fresh cream but it is totally optional.
- Bring the soup to a rolling boil and simmer for 2 minutes and the soup is ready to be served.
- Serve the soup with deep fried cornflakes and garnish with some chopped onion and coriander.