Which IELTS test should I take?

Academic or General Training?

Academic Type — for Study Purposes
The Academic type assesses a test taker’s English language proficiency to study or train at an undergraduate or postgraduate level by testing the full range of formal language skills required for academic purposes. Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programs and courses is based on the results of the Academic type. The Academic type is also suitable for professional registration.

General Training — for Work or Immigration Purposes
The General Training type measures basic language survival skills in a broad social and educational context. General Training is suitable for test-takers who are going to English speaking countries to complete their secondary education, undertake work experience or work-related training programs, or to qualify for immigration to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United States.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Me!
error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: