White sauce pasta is an Italian pasta recipe which is very popular in India. White sauce pasta!!! with its silky, smooth, and aromatic sauce made from butter, milk and all-purpose flour will delight your taste buds.
Try out this Indo-Italian style creamy and delicious white sauce pasta with your choice of pasta and vegetables. Enjoy!
Below is the video recipe
If you like pasta dishes, I would recommend that you definitely try this one out. It is super cheesy and has just the right touch of garlic and spices, making it another “go-to” lunch or dinner recipe.
One of the main reasons why I love this dish or any other pasta dish is because its simple and quick. You can make it start to finish in about 20-30 minutes. And that is my kinda dinner recipe because I do not like spending too much time on daily cooking I’d rather spend time creating and editing recipes.
This also makes for a perfect weekend brunch, as it is simple as well as exotic.
This White sauce pasta is
- creamy and cheesy.
- a great way to make kids eat veggies!
- great for date nights ( this recipe serves Exactly 2 so 😉 ).
You can use any vegetables that you like in this pasta – Sweet corn, Carrot, Mushroom, and even Green peas.
One tip before diving into the recipe: I highly recommend using a whisk else you might end up with lumps in your sauce and that’s no fun.
White sauce Pasta recipe
- 1 Cup pasta (use pasta of your choice, I have used penne)
- 2 cups of milk or (1 cup milk and 1 cup cream)
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cheese slices
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- A tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup of chopped veggies(red, green, yellow bell peppers)
- 1/2 cup of broccoli or mushroom
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
Steps For Boiling Pasta:
- Add 1 cup of pasta to the boiling water. I have used Penne pasta, but you can use Pasta of your choice.
- Cook the pasta for around 7-10 minutes on medium to high flame. Do it as per your pasta package instructions or cook them until they are al dente.
- Drain the water using a sieve and run some cold water over the pasta to stop further cooking.
- Finally, add 1 tsp oil and give it a mix. Now keep it aside.
Steps for sauteing veggies:
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp butter. Once the butter heats up, add 1 tsp chopped garlic and sauté it for a min till garlic becomes light brown in color.
- Add 1/2 cup of broccoli florets. You can also replace broccoli with corn or mushroom as per your choice.
- Add 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper. Give it a good mix and sauté till mushrooms are cooked.
- And then add 1/2 cup of chopped red, yellow and green bell peppers based on their availability. Sauté these for a minute and make sure not to overcook them.
- Add some salt to taste and cook it for a minute. Keep it aside for now.
Steps for the sauce:
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp butter. Add 2 tbsp all-purpose flour or refined flour. Keep Stirring using a whisk and cook it for a few minutes.
- Cook it till its raw taste is gone whilst no change in color.
- Add 2 cups of full-fat milk and keep stirring it to avoid any lumps in the sauce. (Here you can add 1 cup full-fat milk and 1 cup of cream to make it even creamier).
- Once the sauce comes to boil, add 3 cheese slices and fold the cheese gently into the sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- And then add 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper and mix it well.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the sauce and give it a stir.
- And then add the boiled pasta to the sauce now and mix it well such that it gets a nice coat of sauce.
- Finally, taste the pasta and adjust the amount of salt as per your taste.
- Pasta is now ready to be served. Enjoy!
- You can add cheddar cheese instead of white cheese slices or even add freshly shredded mozzarella.
- Instead of broccoli, you can also add carrot, mushroom, and corn, etc.
- You can use 1 and a half cup of pasta if you want more pasta and less sauce but if you like more sauce and less pasta then add only 1 cup pasta.
- White sauce pasta will continue to thicken as it cools down so enjoy it hot and immediately.
- Before using leftover pasta heat it with 1/4 cup milk and adjust salt and seasoning.
Serving suggestion: Serve the pasta on its own or serve with garlic bread.
Before you go…
I’d love to know your thoughts about this dish!! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #thecraftsandkitchen or #craftsandkitchen or #craftsnkitchen.
You may also like,